On the safe side - with products from Pollmeier!
What type of information indicates that Pollmeier Beech is of legal origin? There is proof in multiple ways.
1) Origin of wood: Pollmeier is sourcing currently raw material only from sustainably managed forests. The legislations are applied reliably with respect to the legality of forest wood harvesting measures.
The legality of wood harvesting measures is provided for by the legislation and is implemented at the administrative level. Alone the origin of the logs will easily fulfill the legal requirements.
2) Pollmeier is independently third-party PEFC™ and FSC® certified. The PEFC™ regulations prohibit the use wood from controversial sources (illegal or unauthorized harvesting) in certified products.
Amongst others one criterion for FSC® certified/Controlled Wood is the exclusion of illegally harvested wood. The national FSC® Controlled Wood Risk Assessment for Germany indicates that wood sources from Germany can be generally seen as low risk sources in relation to illegality.
3) According to Preferred by Nature (formerly known as NEPCon) Germany is confirmed to be free of significant risk of illegal harvesting activities.
4) There is usually a high rate of correlation between the level of corruption and the risk of illegal logging. According to Transparency International, there is a low perception of corruption in Germany.
5) Global Witness has published reports and articles on countries with illegal activities in the forest sector. As of June 2022, there is no bad press about Germany.
6) International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources has developed a list of species that have been reported to carry a higher risk of association with illegal harvesting. European Beech is listed as Least Concern.
7) The raw material for the exported Pollmeier products was already placed on the EU market. Thus the importing of wood products manufactured 100% from Pollmeier products into the EU is therefore not seen as “first placing on the market”.
However, the operator (EU importer) has to verify that there was no mixing with materials from non EU origin throughout the complete Chain-of-Custody.
Exclusion of liability:
This information are assembled with best care. However no responsibility is taken for the correctness of this information. There is further a linking to external websites. As we have no influence on the contents of these websites, we cannot be held responsible for the contents of external websites. -